My father mentioned to me that my extended family was having homemade meatballs and spaghetti for Christmas Eve dinner a few weeks ago. I immediately started craving spaghetti and meatballs. I wanted a baked recipe so I found this one and adapted to work with my food sensitivities. We’ve now made it several times, and it’s delicious. My kids who eat gluten can’t tell these meatballs are gluten-free.
To make this recipe dairy free, omit the parmesan cheese. To make this recipe soy free, omit the Worcestershire sauce.
Gluten Free Meatballs
- 2 pounds lean organic ground beef (I use 90 or 95%)
- 1/2 cup organic parmesan cheese, grated (omit for dairy free option)
- 1 box (4.5 oz) gluten free cracked black pepper crackers (I used Simple Mills brand)
- 1 teaspoon dried organic garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons dried organic Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed organic red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons gluten free organic Worcestershire sauce (I used Wa Ja Shan brand) (omit for soy free option)
- 2 large organic eggs
- olive oil for pans