1 pound organic or grass-fed beef stew meat in bite-sized pieces
2 tablespoons organic cornstarch
2 tablespoons organic olive oil or oil of your choice
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves organic garlic, minced
2 organic jalapeno peppers, minced (or only 1 if you are a Yankee who doesn’t like it hot!)
1.5 cups organic beef broth (I use Pacific or Imagine brand)
1/2 cup organic enchilada sauce or salsa
1 teaspoon organic chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat meat pieces with cornstarch, then brown in olive oil in an ovenproof Dutch oven. You’re not fully cooking the meat but are just putting a little color on it.
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeño, beef stock, enchilada sauce, salt and chili powder; warm on the stove just until you can see steam coming off of the top of it.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place in the preheated oven, baking for about 2 hours, until meat is extremely tender. The sauce will thicken quite a bit as it cooks, too.
- Serve with rice, veggies, or with gluten-free tortillas.