apricots, cupcake, dairy free, gluten free, muffin, nectarines, organic, peach, plums, soy free
These are somewhere in between a cupcake and a muffin. The original recipe had a frosting on them, but they really don’t need it. Pictures of the gluten version are found here.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Peach Cupcakes
Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 2/3 c organic tapioca starch
- 2/3 c sorghum flour
- 2/3 c almond flour
- ½ c organic white rice flour
- 1 t xanthan gum
- 2 t baking powder
- ½ t sea salt
- 1/2 c organic rice milk
- 1 T organic pure vanilla extract
- ¾ c organic palm shortening
- 1.5 c organic evaporated cane juice (sugar)
- 4 large organic eggs
- 4 medium-large organic peaches, peeled, pitted, and finely chopped (~2 cups) (nectarines, plums, apricots, or any stone fruit will work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together all of the dry ingredients (tapioca starch, sorghum flour, almond flour, white rice flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, sea salt). Set aside.
- Stir vanilla extract into the rice milk in a liquid measuring cup.
- In another bowl, beat palm shortening and evaporated cane juice with a mixer on medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating twice with milk mixture.
- Line a standard muffin tin with baking cups. This recipe will not work right without the baking cups! Fill each with 3 layers: 1 tablespoon batter, 1 tablespoon chopped peaches, and an additional 1 tablespoon batter. Bake until edges begin to turn golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool in tin.
Makes about 18-20 cupcakes.